Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

3 years and 4 months immunisation injection

(6 Posts)
Blossom8 Fri 28-Sep-12 14:26:30

I was just wondering how late can you leave it before having your child done for their 3 years injections. Reason I am asking is that my DD has chicken pox although nearly recovered from the pox she is still feeling poorly with vomiting and diarroeh.

She has her injections in a week where she will already be nearly two weeks late for her 3 years and 4 months injections and I don't want her to feel poorly again after recovering from her current ill health.

Do children generally have a reaction to the 3 years injections? I think from her earlier ones, she only had a temperature.

vodkaanddietirnbru Fri 28-Sep-12 21:54:28

Neither of mine had any reaction to the pre-school boosters. You can delay it for as long as necessary so that she is fully recovered before she has them.

BeaWheesht Sat 29-Sep-12 00:04:42

ds had no reaction. he didnt have his until he was 5.

personally id wait a while.

Blossom8 Sat 29-Sep-12 21:43:01

Thank you. I just found her red book and read that that they can have the injections as long as it done before they turn 5 so I think 'llI probably wait until next month so she can get back to full health again. Can't be dealing with more sleepness nights smile

olivo Sun 30-Sep-12 18:35:14

Isn't it that they want it done before school?

MegBusset Sun 30-Sep-12 18:38:29

Yes any time before they start school is fine. DS2 just had his at 3.6yo with no adverse reactions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now