Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

3 year old with toothache could he have another tooth coming through?

(4 Posts)
greeneyed Wed 26-Sep-12 07:33:37

As the title says really, I've read they should have all their teeth by 3, my son is 3yrs 3 months, he is not particularly cooperative at letting me look in his mouth, it's hard to count but I'm not sure if he has his second molars, is it possible to get them this late? He got his first tooth at 6 months.

quoteunquote Wed 26-Sep-12 11:46:15

yes, I had a huge attack of the guilts, when DD was that age, and she was feeling horrible, I didn't realise what was going on, I had given all the toothing gel away, when friends had been over with younger children with aching mouths,

stick a little gel in if it changes his mood you may have your answer, if not get it checked out.

RueDeWakening Wed 26-Sep-12 11:50:33

He could be teething. DD (5) spent the whole summer holidays being vile, when we went to the dentist last week I was informed that she's got all 4 of her "6 year" molars come through. Never occurred to me that she'd been teething blush

greeneyed Wed 26-Sep-12 13:56:02

thank you that's helpful and good to know, I've booked him in at the dentist tomorrow - it's so hard to tell at this age as it could even be that he has bitten his cheek, he can't really be specific about what's hurting - I guess I am terrified of contemplating that he might have tooth decay and I am a terrible parent - we only brush his teeth once a day, it's always been a battle, now we manage a quick brush around but that's it. He doesn't eat sweets particularly but does have lots of fruit juice (not necessarily at mealtimes) and puddings sad God I am going to feel so terrible if he has

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now