Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD (2) complaining of sore clitoris.

(9 Posts)
ValiumQueen Tue 25-Sep-12 10:19:59

DD is still in nappies, and for the past two months she has been back in cloth mostly. A couple of days ago she started saying 'sore' and pointing to her front bottom. On inspection, it looks as if her clitoris has like a white 'head' on it, like you get with a spot. It is teeny tiny, and not particularly swollen or red. At first I thought it was a bit of cream that had got stuck, but it was not for wiping off, and I do not want to be squeezing such tiny delicate bits.

I am usually the first to take her to a GP, but as she is not running a temperature, no obvious infection signs, and only occasionally mentions it, usually after a wee, which makes sense, I thought I would ask the wisdom of MN if anyone has experience of this, or ideas on what needs to be done. Could it just be a back-up of her natural discharge? There is no sign of thrush or worms etc.

Many thanks.

ValiumQueen Tue 25-Sep-12 11:47:26

Shameless bumping.

NarcolepsyQueen Tue 25-Sep-12 12:05:32

Could it be a pimple? My DD got a few on her privates over the years.

ValiumQueen Tue 25-Sep-12 12:15:59

Thankyou narcolepsy It is in the exact place where the under-the-hood bit would be, so I do not think it is an actual pimple. Their bits are so weeny, it is hard to see properly. It is white, not pus-like, and there is no smell. I remember when DD1 was a week old, there was about a teaspoon of pus-like stuff came out of her vagina, and the doctor said it was just her body cleaning out muck. It has never happened since, but scared the life out of me. I am hoping this is just a build up of her own lubricant. I will give her a long bath tonight. She has had a cold so has had a few nights off, but is obviously regularly cleaned at nappy change.

NarcolepsyQueen Wed 26-Sep-12 13:40:17

How is it now?

GlibGlobGloo Wed 26-Sep-12 13:45:30

thrush?

ValiumQueen Wed 26-Sep-12 14:44:29

No worse, no better. Only sore when having nappy changed. Baby clinic tomorrow so will take her then. Thank you.

May be thrush, but I do not think so as it is one specific area. I will get the dr to look.

ValiumQueen Wed 26-Sep-12 19:25:23

Still no change after a day at nursery so off to clinic tomorrow. It looks like a good squeeze would shift it, but that is not something I would risk on such a delicate area. Poor little scrap. Not bothered by it except at nappy change.

ValiumQueen Thu 27-Sep-12 17:36:14

On antibiotics, and there was another spot near it today, so could be vaginitis or a UTI. Sample sent off.

Thank you for your help x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now