Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Chicken pox?

(5 Posts)
vallinnapod Sun 23-Sep-12 21:58:53

DS has what looks like lots of small insect bits on his torso - I.e. small raised centre with a larger redness around it IYSWIM. Could it be the beginning of chicken pox? It could be a reaction to something but it is now like a rash in that they don't seem connected to each other. He doesn't seem itchy but has been unsettled all afternoon but is teething his molars so not unsurprising. He is asleep now.

I realise this is quite hard to describe - tries to put it down as I visualise it!

vallinnapod Sun 23-Sep-12 21:59:41

Sorry should read insect 'bites' and 'not' like a rash

narmada Mon 24-Sep-12 13:56:11

not sure... the pox usually start on scalp and head area tho and spreads downward.

also you would maybe expect a low grade fever.

vallinnapod Mon 24-Sep-12 15:44:13

Thanks, gone today confused. Bit of a temp though

Pixiepie Mon 24-Sep-12 16:00:12

All my children had their chicken pox start on the scalp. My dd was itching for days and i kept wondering why she was scratching as she had been to the hairdressers and knew it couldnt be headlice. Google what the spots are like. They are red spots that then manifest a blister on the top. If it is try calamine aqueous cream as opposed to the lotion along with taking allerief which is an anti-histamine medicine and some calpol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now