Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Hypermobile DD (4). Is it back to the GP?

(5 Posts)
FoofyShmooffer Sun 23-Sep-12 14:32:53

Dd was diagnosed as hypermobile when she was about 12 months old. Her ankles collapsed inwards when walking plus other signs of hypermobility with fingers wrists ankles etc.We were told there was nothing could be done until she was about 3, get her into a dance class to help strengthening (we did) and she should be ok if not complaining of pain.

She doesnt complain of any pain although but she falls and trips day I dread collecting her from school because there's always some fall or accident. I was watching her walk in the shoe shop yesterday and even in calf high boots I could see her ankles leaning inwards.
There is also the fact that she suffers terribly with the cold. If it gets into her, her lips go blue and it takes an age to warm her up. I have read that this is indicative of a connective tissue disorder.

I suppose what I'm asking is is it still something to be worried about? Is the lack of pain a red herring and she should be under a consultant?

FoofyShmooffer Sun 23-Sep-12 15:28:48

trips and falls daily

FoofyShmooffer Sun 23-Sep-12 19:32:39

Bump.

4oclockwakeup Sun 23-Sep-12 21:09:20

My dd is nearly 4 and is under the care of a physio which i think is fairly common of children with hypermobility. She has insole to help her and is given strengthening exercises and monitored. I would definitely go to the gp and ask about the blue lip at the same time as asking about the physios to rule out any heart problems that can affect people with connective tissue disorders. My daughter had a murmur and the gp refered her because of her history. She had

FoofyShmooffer Sun 23-Sep-12 21:54:33

Thankyou so much for that. That's pretty much decided it for me then. I'll take her in this week to be looked at. It's on my mind quite a lot at the moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now