Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD due for tonsils/adenoids out tomorrow but has cold - wwyd?

(3 Posts)
bialystockandbloom Sun 23-Sep-12 11:56:39

As thread title says. Dd is 2yo (nearly 3) and after a five-month wait her tonsils and adenoids op is tomorrow. With perfect timing she has a cold. We have already postponed the op once from a week ago, when the cold started.

Not sure whether to go ahead. Rang the hospital who just said bring her in as planned and the anaesthetist will decide on the day, though warned that it would be 50/50.

Are we mad and irresponsible for even considering going ahead with it? I've been anxious enough about it as it is. And is it worth us getting up at 5am, starving her, schlepping up to the hospital (not our nearest one) when it's more likely than not she won't have it done.

WWYD?

UsedToBeAContender Sun 23-Sep-12 18:11:15

How long would you have to wait if they pushed it back again? I would probably go and ask the anaesthetist for their view but that's just me.

bialystockandbloom Sun 23-Sep-12 19:04:33

Thanks for reply. Op has been cancelled now on advice of more senior nurse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now