Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

My 5 yr old DS has wet himself a couple of times this week .. what could be wrong?

(4 Posts)
suebfg Sat 22-Sep-12 20:30:08

DS, who is fully toilet trained etc, has wet himself a couple of times in the last 2 days, once at home and once at school. Also, despite this, he will go to the toilet for a wee say 3 -4 times within 10 minutes.

Part of me thinks he might have an infection, but also he's been a bit funny about going to the toilet on his own the last couple of weeks. I think this may be down to a Scooby Doo episode in which there was a scary face in the mirror, but he also said that at school, naughty boys turn the light off when he's in the bathroom - although he did say that I shouldn't worry about this as he still goes to the toilet.

I'm not sure if the two things are linked or if they are separate.

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Sat 22-Sep-12 20:33:42

It's worth getting him to the GP on case it's a UTI - frequent weeing like that isn't normal.

Wheresmycaffeinedrip Sat 22-Sep-12 20:35:21

Could be both. Perhaps he's not going properly thanks to the bigger boys sad and it's lead to an infection. Can u go with him
To the loo and talk to him and distract him so he has time to go properly?

suebfg Sat 22-Sep-12 20:53:08

Thanks - I'll take him to the GP on Monday morning so he can be checked out. Fortunately he isn't experiencing any pain - not yet anyway

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now