Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Nit bites or Mosquitos? Help!

(2 Posts)
permaquandry Fri 21-Sep-12 20:02:31

Dd1 has several, large bites on front of hairline (left side only) and a couple in hair near forehead. The do look like mosi bites, they are large and red. She had nits for the first time last summer and I thought she'd been bitten all over the head then by a mosi for a few days before I found the nits (very mild case). I just can't remember what they looked like, although I took pictures of the day I treated her hair and they are mostly round the nape and look much smaller.

Anybody had experience of bit bites/reactions that look like bug bites? Thanks everso.

shockers Fri 21-Sep-12 20:15:12

I have never noticed actual bite marks with head lice and I've been a parent, foster carer and now work in primary school. However, I realise that different people could have different reactions. Not much help I know... I just think that it would be unusual and could be something else. How old is your DD?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now