Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Overflow following constipation - how do you deal with it?

(5 Posts)
roundabout1 Wed 19-Sep-12 18:29:16

Dd just 7 has been constipated all wk until today but not suffering with overflow. It's pretty constant and messy. I've found some pull ups that I've put on her as she was getting distressed soiling her pants. She's had a warm bath & now in pull ups & jim jams but still with a tummy ache. Does it normally last long? She's only had it a few times before & never during school time. They have PE tomorrow & don't want her to be embarassed if anyone spots her dirty undies.

bogeyface Thu 20-Sep-12 02:01:20

Tbh, having suffered it myself (shit the bed in no small way, on holiday sad ) I would keep her at home.

If it is so bad that she cant control it then PE could trigger a bout and she could end up in a bit of a mess.

Have you seen your GP about it?

bogeyface Thu 20-Sep-12 02:03:04

I should add that the fear of messing herself could make the constipation worse and then you end up in a cycle of not going/overflowing. If you are genuinely worried that it will happen tomorrow then keep her at home and tell school that she has a tummy bug.

NatashaBee Thu 20-Sep-12 02:16:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

roundabout1 Thu 27-Sep-12 18:52:37

Thanks everyone, blasted internet went down so just got back on line. Well she woke up early thurs morning & obvioulsy had a huge clear out, was mega! Since then things have been fine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now