Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Sore lip corners

(6 Posts)
candyflossy Tue 18-Sep-12 10:16:48

Hi, my dd's corners of her lip are sore. I've read this could be a bacterial or a fungal infection. Has anyone had this before and what treatment can
I buy from the chemist that is safe to use on the mouth area. Many thanks for your help.

chocoluvva Tue 18-Sep-12 10:48:06

Try daktacort and use very sparingly. (available from chemists). My friend who's a GP says it's fine to use on the face for short periods of time.
If that works she may have a sensitivity to foods containing yeast and in particular yeast EXTRACT.
Hope your DD's lips are better very soon smile

allypally1983 Tue 18-Sep-12 13:00:26

i had this when i was pregnant as i slept on my side and it occurs when dribble stays on the skin for a long time. its called angular colitis (spelling???) and its awful. i went to doctor and got a cream called fucidin. the quicker its treated the better cos i left it and it lasted 3weeks without improvement if not worse. hope this helps

combinearvester Tue 18-Sep-12 13:59:58

Daktarin oral gel (orange flavour) from chemist.

Also worth going to GP to make sure she isn't suffering from a vitamin deficiency as this can be one cause.

chocolateteabag Fri 21-Sep-12 00:30:54

I get this a lot myself and as well as Daktarin, I use tiny amounts of Vagisil
It has 2% lidocaine so numbs just enough to stop me licking or touching the sore bits for a while. It's not a cure but might help

IDontDoIroning Fri 21-Sep-12 23:20:56

Vitamin b deficiency can cause the corners if the mouth to get sore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now