Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Pre illness spots?

(3 Posts)
Gingermum2 Sun 16-Sep-12 21:08:24

My dd is 6 and since a young age has always had spots - having taken her to the drs on numerous occasions and he has diagnosed chicken pox no less than 7 times. I have noticed more often now that she will always get these spots before she becomes Ill either by chest infection, water infection, cold etc. she manages to pick up any bug going and has an as of un yet truly diagnosed condition called incontinencia pigmenti. She also has a gross coordination disorder and is therefore quite chunky. I have heard cases where children are allergic to their own antibodies hence the spots before she is Ill but I'm not sure. Drs just think I'm neurotic (well that's what I think anyway) and are not particularly helpful. Any suggestions? Sarah

sherbetpips Mon 17-Sep-12 20:58:42

Are these big pussy spots or smaller rash like spots? My ds suffered from sweat rashes before he was ill due to the high temp that comes on before infection.

Gingermum2 Sun 23-Sep-12 15:49:18

Sorry for the late reply, they look like red spots with white centres (like a white top but spaced out all over her body - which is why the dr says chicken pox- guaranteed within a week she is ill either UTI or infection. Bizarre eh?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now