Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Spots look like flea bites - but don't itch and kids are ill - any ideas?

(6 Posts)
Sk8ergirl Fri 21-Oct-11 17:41:58

My 3 and 5 year olds have several raised up red spots from neck to knees but mostly around middle. They look like flea bites to me. But both children also off colour for a couple of days and the rash doesn't itch. They've both had chicken pox. Any ideas anyone? I can't stand googling rash / images - too awful!

popadop Fri 21-Oct-11 19:44:12

Have they been playing in the grass?

Could be Harvest mites that are still about because of the warm weather.

A pharmisist could be helpful.

lubeybooby Fri 21-Oct-11 19:44:51

Measles/rubella?

screamqueenrollo Fri 21-Oct-11 20:05:52

it's unlikely to be harvest mites. their bites typically come up in the crease behind the knees and anywhere that clothing fits tight against the body (waistband, knicker line, top of socks etc) - and from experience with both myself and DS harvest mite bites itch like buggery.

Sk8ergirl Fri 21-Oct-11 20:57:56

Never heard of harvest mites! But possibly... they're definately bites and younger one was itching after bath, so know more than I did. Thanks ladies!

screamqueenrollo Fri 21-Oct-11 21:40:05

harvest mite bites do itch more after a bath, the warmth seems to make it worse. I used sudocreme to calm both of ours down.
Would be worht getting a pharmacist to check them out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now