Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DS has an awful stomach bug & has not stopped being sick all day.

(5 Posts)
Pinkchampagne Tue 18-Oct-11 19:58:04

He is 12 & started complaining of feeling ill yesterday, was sick at 4am this morning & is still being sick now! I haven't given him any food but he has had sips of water & Lucozade. Feels like it is never going to end.sad

Is there a nasty bug doing the rounds? If so, how much longer should I expect this to last? He has not stopped being sick all day

Pinkchampagne Tue 18-Oct-11 20:36:17

I mean, how long before I need to phone doctors? Don't want him dehydrating

PoptartPoptart Tue 18-Oct-11 21:01:07

Is he still weeing? If not, this is an obvious sign of dehydration. Also if he is dehydrated he will be very lethargic. Dehydration can be serious so phone NHS Direct if you are worried. Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Pinkchampagne Tue 18-Oct-11 21:06:34

He has been very lethargic all day - just lying on the lounge floor, but put that down to the amount he has been sick. I am getting him to drink small amounts inbetween vomits. He is finally asleep now. Will keep an eye out as to how often he goes to the toilet

Pinkchampagne Wed 19-Oct-11 08:51:19

He eventually stopped being sick last night & thankfully had a restful nights sleep. This morning he has had a plain ice lolly & seems a lot better in himself, although he is complaining of a very sore throat

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now