Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

12 wk old with cold - should I cancel plans tomorrow?

(4 Posts)
MilyP Mon 17-Oct-11 11:44:59

Wanted to get reaction to see if I am being over the top or reasonable (should this be in AIBU?). I think baby has a cold - yesterday sleepy and coughing, today more coughing and snotty nose. She doesn't seem too grumpy or anything but as her first cold thought I should take her to the docs just to be sure and to see what, if anything, they can recommend.

Tomorrow we had planned to go to our to a taster session for a class we want to join, then a friend coming over with her baby and another post natal group in the afternoon. I am thinking I should cancel these. Mostly because I don't want other babies to be ill, but also in case she is worse tomorrow - sleepy, grumpy etc

Am I over-reacting?

Nevercan Mon 17-Oct-11 20:24:38

I don't think the doctors will be much help if it is just a cold. If baby has a high temperature then take her to be checked if you are concerned. I have found karvol capsules brilliant which release vapours when you put the drops onto bed sheets or a muslin. Saline drops are also very effective - you squirt them up babies nose and it basically makes them sneeze out any gunk.
May be having a quiet day at home would be best so little one can recover

Sirzy Mon 17-Oct-11 20:35:11

Unless it having an impact on her breathing I wouldn't go to the dr.

I would avoid going to groups though so as not to pass on germs.

Hope she is better soon

MilyP Wed 19-Oct-11 10:18:10

I asked the lady who ran the group who said fine to bring her along. We didn't see our friend inbetween as she was having her jabs that day. And didn't go to the doctors as she really doesn't seem to bad and hasn't got any worse. Aware there is nothing for the cold.
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now