Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

2year old with temp 39.5

(3 Posts)
horsiemum81 Sun 16-Oct-11 08:41:53

my 2 year old has had diarrhea for 3 days and fever for the last 2 days. she isnt eating at all but keeping fluids up and pamol. she is also very slugish and sleeping most of the day. tonight her temp up at 38.5 so took to doctors and by the time i got there and they took her temp it was up to 39.5. they just sent her home with more pamol.
this doesent seem right to me, should they have done more?

RuthChan Sun 16-Oct-11 10:26:26

A fever of 39.5 is high, but is not considered life threatening.
2 or 3 days of fever is not uncommon and at that point they probably expect her to make a natural and complete recovery.
If her fever goes on for more than a day or two more, or if it rises to 40 or above, you should certainly take her back.
If you're still worried, you could try taking her to a different doctor for a second opinion.

beautifulgirls Sun 16-Oct-11 21:46:39

take a look at www.meningitis.org/symptoms and just keep this in your head. Any concerns keep bugging the doctors to see her again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now