Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

flu jab for 4yr old ???

(6 Posts)
missmapp Fri 14-Oct-11 21:41:30

Ds2 ( just 4) has a heart condition (pulmonary valve stenosis) and was offered , and given , the swine flu jab a couple of years ago. DH is going for his annual flu jab tomorrow , he is asthmatic, and I wondered wether I should give ds2 the flu jab aswell? Is it suitable for a 4 yr old, and are they given under the same criteria as the swine flu jab. i will do more research, but wondered if others had any experience.

Thank you

Sirzy Fri 14-Oct-11 21:45:15

It is certainly suitable for a 4 year old. DS is 23 months and has had it!!

The list of who is eligible is here

Course it's suitable, and appropriate for some children. My little dd had it aged two and will again this year at three.
We wouldn't do it at that age if her consultant hadn't said she ought to for underlying health issues, so ask your doctor!

TreeHouses Fri 14-Oct-11 21:46:23

Yes its fine for a 4yr old to have it.

missmapp Fri 14-Oct-11 22:09:29

Thanks, will check with gp. Dont want to give him another jab, but it may be worth it. Will way up both sides and decide.

saggarmakersbottomknocker Sat 15-Oct-11 09:23:59

missmapp - my dd has a heart problem and has had the flu jab every year. There is an issue with one of the jabs they are using this year - it's been highlighted that it can cause fever in under 5s - it depends which one your GP is using. If he's a helpful GP he'll provide you wit one of the alternatives.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now