Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

the pox or eczema or something else?

(6 Posts)
grumplestilskin Fri 14-Oct-11 19:38:52

no symptoms other than lots of eczema like little spots, but everywhere and seeming to appear before my eyes. His big regular eczema spots are flaired up at the mo, but the spots are everywhere not in his normal eczema areas.

no temp no grumping. How do you know if it's the pox? what are the criteria?

Seona1973 Sat 15-Oct-11 08:24:05

chicken pox spots are like blisters and contain fluid. The blisters burst and then go scabby

muslimah28 Sat 15-Oct-11 10:46:41

try googling chicken pox and then select images at the top. you'll see a few pics that will help you see if they look the same. the pics are a bit nasty but this did help me yesterday when trying to figure out whether ds has it(which he does, finally confirmed by dh who is a pharmacist)

grumplestilskin Sat 15-Oct-11 12:59:51

thanks for your replies, obviously I did google but it wasn't helpful as it had no pictures of day 1 spots, only day 2 and after when they turned into blisters. I am still none the wiser as to what the initial non blister spots look like!

but the spots are not blisters today so it's obviously something else

muslimah28 Sat 15-Oct-11 14:34:40

ds's spots came on big and blistery straight away, no progression over days, i don't know if that's normal though. hope he gets better soon smile

grumplestilskin Sat 15-Oct-11 21:57:18

thanks muslimah28, t'internet said spots then overnight become blisters so good to know (for next? time) that its blisters from the start pretty much

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now