Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Help, DD going crazy with itchy bottom and took ovex yesterday evening

(7 Posts)
VenetiaLanyon Thu 13-Oct-11 23:31:40

I can't give her another dose of ovex for 2 weeks....and she's in such agony. Any fabulous mumsnet solutions to this problem, or ways to soothe the itch?

DeWe Fri 14-Oct-11 09:42:30

Can take 48 hours to work ime.
Put a dab of sudocreme (or similar) on the anus. Stops the worms coming through and eases the itching.

VenetiaLanyon Fri 14-Oct-11 09:45:33

Thanks DeWe; we tried vaseline in the end last night; not sure whether it helped physically, but DD very glad with just the idea that we can try doing something.

LoopyLucyLoo Fri 14-Oct-11 13:03:31

Try a pure aloe vera gel applied regularly - should ease the itching. You can buy from health food shops like Holland & Barratt.

VenetiaLanyon Fri 14-Oct-11 13:47:49

Thanks LoopyLucyLoo; will get some of that pronto smile

Morgana444 Fri 14-Oct-11 20:53:49

New to site but hope this helps!

Had this problem last year. Don't know what age your daughter is but ours was 6. I was at my wits end when I just thought of cutting up a sanitory towel SMOTHERED in sudocreme (as DeWe said) and line it in her pants. She still woke feeling them coming out but by God I nuked those buggers on the way out. I know you feel so helpless but at least this way you feel like you're doing something. The first dose didn't work for us but we were told it was fine to continue on with second. Only took another day on 2nd course and all gone. Def no side affects to DD.

Good luck. Will be thinking of you!!

Fiona.x

VenetiaLanyon Mon 17-Oct-11 09:55:11

Thanks Morgana; will add this to the list of weapons in my armoury smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now