Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Need help, please

(4 Posts)
mangopudding Thu 13-Oct-11 13:53:46

My dd has been getting this watery, sticky, clear discharge for this past few days. Waiting for the vaginal swab result. Now she's red and sore. Which cream should I use to sooth her whilst waiting for the result? Can I use canesten or sudocream? I'm not sure where her discharge is coming from - could it be from her vulva skin instead because it's watery and sticky? It's like droplets of water on her vulva.

How long does the result usually take?

cureall Thu 13-Oct-11 15:56:03

how old is she?
I liked metanium best of all for nappy soreness, it seemed to magically make the skin normal again and didn't sting or anything; can pharmacist advise?
Isn't canasten for adults? never had to use it but haven't heard of it for babies.

mangopudding Thu 13-Oct-11 16:32:46

My dd is 6. Been having problems "down below" since August. Doctors just dismissed my concerns. So worried, just want my little girl to be better.

cureall Thu 13-Oct-11 22:51:50

I'd get a second opinion from another doctor if it gets worse but maybe use a pantyliner and cotton pants for now. I assumed she was a tiny one. Sorry I can't help, not familiar with your problem but hoping your DD gets all back to normal very soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now