Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

10mo being sick only once a day...

(3 Posts)
vmcd28 Tue 11-Oct-11 18:08:20

He's not been himself for a couple of weeks. Diarrhoea at times, he had a chesty cough which has now just about gone... But for the past 3 days, he's vomited, but only once each day. He's not a sicky baby, so this isnt "normal" throwing up. All three times, he's been in a high chair, and has only had literally 1 or 2 spoons of food.
Each of these three days, he's happily eaten 2 weetabix with formula for bfast, has either refused lunch or had a small bit of toast, 5oz bottle of formula, and nothing else. But theyve stayed down till roughly 6pm today and yesterday, then he's sick. There doesnt seem to be undigested food or anything, and he also has soiled nappies or diarrhoea, so food is going through him.

Any ideas...?

honeylamb Tue 11-Oct-11 21:26:50

Has he had a sickness bug recently? My son picked up the rota virus at a similar age and was being sick daily for weeks after (sounds very similar to your son) it turns out sometimes the rota virus can make you temporarily lactose intolerant (according to my gp). we put him on dairy free diet for a few months, the sickness stopped immediately, we then slowly reintroduced it after a few months and he has been fine since. I would ask your gp or health visitor. Hope he's better soon, it's horrid when they are ill!

vmcd28 Wed 12-Oct-11 06:23:03

Thanks for your reply!
He's just not been himself, but he's had diarrhoea on and off for about 2-3 weeks now.
He was sick once on Sunday, but thats the first sign of any vomiting.
But I just dont understand why he keeps everything down all day, then throws up at dinnertime...?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now