Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Almost 3 year old weighs the same as a year ago.

(3 Posts)
wem Mon 10-Oct-11 15:44:20

How worried should I be by this? She's grown heightwise, she's on the same centile as she was.

It's freaked me out as we do have issues with getting her to eat. She's fussy, what she does eat is fairly balanced, she just doesn't eat much of it.

She's small, but not overly skinny I think, just lost some of her toddler chubbiness. She has plenty of energy, and generally seems healthy.

Em3978 Mon 10-Oct-11 15:57:18

My now 3.8year old weighed the same at 2.5 as he did at 3.5, he'd grown a little height-wise in that time, but put on no weight at all. He dropped from above the 75th centile for height and weight to just under the 50th (still for both height and weight) He ate fairly normally. at 3.6 he'd suddenly put on a kilo and a half!

I think he was just growing out of toddler chubbiness too, looks like a boy not a toddler now. And he's never going to be tall, so the drop in relative height isn't a worry for us.

wem Mon 10-Oct-11 16:35:33

Thanks, that's somewhat reassuring, but dd was only on the 9th centile (for both height and weight) in the first place so dropping further down for weight is worrying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now