Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Dd10 abdominal ache for the 48hour other wise fine.

(9 Posts)
lexcat Sun 09-Oct-11 08:12:00

Been going to the toilet fine so not constipation. It's not bad just been getting her down. No other symptoms.

josephinebonaparte Sun 09-Oct-11 08:13:48

Keep an eye on it and look up the symptoms of appendicitis so you know what to be aware of.

lexcat Sun 09-Oct-11 08:20:57

Sorry forgot to say can't be appendicitis as appendics was removed when she was a week old.

josephinebonaparte Sun 09-Oct-11 08:40:01

Oh well, that can only be a good thing.

HoneyPablo Sun 09-Oct-11 08:43:28

Could she be near to starting her periods?
Or could just be a 48 hr tummy bug (without the messy bit)

lexcat Sun 09-Oct-11 08:55:15

Hadn't thought periods as it is possible. Signs of puberty start about 2 years ago, but has only just really got going with puberty. Also that would make sense a I've just had my period. I always use to be insync with my sisters and mother in my teens.

So could she be staring periods now or some time off still.

PollyLogos Sun 09-Oct-11 09:03:04

I was ill with a stomachache for the last couple of days of a holiday when i was 11. The day we drove home from the holiday my 1st period started so it's not an impossibility that that is what it is.

lexcat Sun 09-Oct-11 14:29:33

Bless her curl up on the sofa with a movie and hot water bottle. Was feeling a bit better but suddenly lower abdominal felt worse.
Just what I did once a month in my teens I only hope if this is signs of periods she don't get period pains like I use to. Horrible cramps felt sick and ofen a headache, use to end up been sent home from school or simple miss 1-3 days every month.

HoneyPablo Sun 09-Oct-11 14:32:34

lexcat I too suffered from really bad period pains as a teen. Sickness, headache, diarhoea, fainting, the works. I missed loads of school.
Luckily, DD (15) has not suffered like I did.
If she is no better by tomorrow, maybe take her to get checked out by GP or walk-in centre?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now