Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Advice please - LO vomiting for last 3 hours

(9 Posts)
Anabanu Fri 07-Oct-11 23:28:06

18mo baby vomited about half an hour after being put to bed. Poor love has been sick about every twenty minutes since. No temperature and no crying so do not think she is in pain, however she is now just bringing up green bile from the bottom of her stomach. She is currently lying in bed with her Daddy trying to get to sleep. We have tried to give her water to drink but she won't take any. Is this just a bug or should I be calling the doctor?

catbus Fri 07-Oct-11 23:29:15

Doctor pronto: she could get dehydrated..hope all ok

JarethTheGoblinKing Fri 07-Oct-11 23:44:55

Can you get any water in with a syringe?

Ring bus direct - 08454647. If no improvement in the next couple of hours then call out if hours

HarrietSchulenberg Fri 07-Oct-11 23:47:11

Yes, water in syringe if you have one, or if not try sponging her mouth as it might make her open up for a spoonful of water.
NHS Direct if you're still worried.

Anabanu Sat 08-Oct-11 00:03:00

Thank-you catbus. Have called NHS Direct and spoke to a lovely nurse who has calmed me down for the moment. No worries about dehydration until the morning apparently. Hopefully baba will take some water before then.
Thanks again.

Anabanu Sat 08-Oct-11 00:07:02

Will try syringe - thanks for the tip - do not know why I didn't think of that myself. It's strange how the brain fails to work properly when you're so worried!

JarethTheGoblinKing Sat 08-Oct-11 08:52:48

How is she this morning?

DeWe Sat 08-Oct-11 11:27:59

Ice lollies work well too.

You need small and often. When we were at A & E with ds for that it was 5mm syringe every 5 minutes. If they're bringing most of that back then you need to get to hospital/doctors as they may need to be put on a drip.

Anabanu Sat 08-Oct-11 13:12:59

She managed to keep a small amount of water down at 4am and has been drinking plenty and not being sick since. She even managed a little toast this morning and is smiling but very tired. Sleeping soundly at the moment.
Thanks all for the advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now