Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Advice needed for my 7 yr old daughter. Please help!!

(7 Posts)
Morgana444 Fri 07-Oct-11 15:22:49

Hi there. This is my first ever post and I hope someone can help.

My 7 year old daughter is displaying physical symptoms of a teenager! She recently started to pong a wee bit and it actually smells like BO! I didn't think this possible until puberty. She's also getting little spots on her face.

I'm concerned as I don't want children to start to make fun of her.

Can girls go through a 'mini' puberty at this age?

Many thanks in advance. Any advice grately received!

Fiona. x

planetpotty Fri 07-Oct-11 15:40:43

Yup can happen my DSD has recently started wearing deodorant and crop tops confused it's all happening too fast! (she is 8)

Lizcat Fri 07-Oct-11 16:14:37

I am here too, 3 x 1 hour of PE sessions a week can make it bad. I sat her down and had a chat initially she was upset with me, but I explained that as her Mummy it is my job to have these slightly difficult talks with her so her friends don't tease her. So she uses Nivea cleansing wipes twice daily, showers everyday now and uses dove deoderant. Little spots have gone and she smells lovely and actually she is much happier I think she knew, but didn't know what to do.

Morgana444 Sat 08-Oct-11 12:39:57

Thanks for your replies. Do you know if it's a temporary thing? Would hate her to have this as a permanent thing!

Fiona

workshy Sat 08-Oct-11 20:18:37

my daughter started like this at 7, then it stopped, then it started again -seemed to go in 6 months cycles

she is 10 in a couple of weeks and now definitely into puberty

I find the dove solid deoderant best as it's easy for them to use, not strong smelling and doesn't cause any irritation

in terms of it lasting forever?
she's growing up smile

ash1971 Tue 11-Oct-11 21:11:05

Must be a developmental thing as my dd1 is 7 and has just emerged from a spotty/smelly-ish couple of months. Like you, Morgana, I was a bit freaked out, but she seems to be back to normal now. I held off bringing it to her attention and am glad I did as I think she would have worried about it. I'm hoping we can fend off body-consciousness for a while longer yet!

Morgana444 Fri 14-Oct-11 19:57:24

Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply. We went in to town to Boots last Saturday and she chose Dove (Workshy - coincedence!). I explained to her that everyone can pong now and again and this is her 'perfume'. Thought it better that calling it deodorant incase she mentioned it at school. She was one step ahead of me and said 'But it says deodorant on the bottle!!' I then explained that grown ups call it deodorant and children call theirs perfume and it smells so nice on them.

It seems to be working. Will keep an eye on things and hope the spots don't get any worse!

Thanks again,

Fiona.x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now