Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Weeping eczema

(4 Posts)
AngelDog Thu 06-Oct-11 14:47:02

Does this suggest it's infected?

21 m.o. DS has fairly bad eczema on his face. He sees the dermatologist and we use Elidel cream on it twice a day, and either Diprobase ointment or 50/50 ointment as an emollient. We wash him using Dermol cream.

Today it has started weeping. I've left a message with the dermatology office but they're short of staff apparently so I don't know how soon someone will be able to get back to me.

Is there anything I should be doing to stop it getting worse?

boohoobabywho Thu 06-Oct-11 22:04:57

get her looked at by a doctor as soon as you can. My dd had the same thing at 3mths and she ended up being hospitalised for three weeks until they got it under control. fast forward to 3 and the eczema had nearly cleared up.

fast forward to 7 and its totally cleared up, but sometimes flares up if she has been swimming.

good luck

boohoobabywho Thu 06-Oct-11 22:05:37

soory, take ds to the office and wait for a gap. dont wait for an appointment. go, go tomorrow.

AngelDog Thu 06-Oct-11 22:16:30

Thanks very much - I'll do that tomorrow. It's looking better than it was earlier but I don't want to take any chances with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now