Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Allergy Testing

(4 Posts)
MrsFruitcake Wed 05-Oct-11 07:21:26

My 3.9 year old DS had an allergic reaction to something last week - his eye went huge and puffy with yellow pus weeping from it. A&E saw him and just gave him some piriton which did the trick after a few hours but couldn't say what had caused it (although I am pretty sure it was baby wipes). However, at night, he is a really noisy sleeper, sleeps with his mouth open and sounds very snuffly all the time, even though he does not have a cold. My GP refused to allergy test him after the eye issue and said unless he had a an issue with his breathing, they wouldn't do it.

I am now quite worried - IMO, he is allergic to something in the house and should be tested. How can I approach the GP again without it sounding like I'm making the night issue up? I just want to know what the problem is and get it sorted out. In the mornings, he is irritable and rarely makes it though the day without napping for a considerable period, where he also sleeps noisily.

Any advice appreciated please...

greenbananas Wed 05-Oct-11 08:52:16

Try posting this on the allergy board - lots of useful advice available there ...

savoycabbage Wed 05-Oct-11 09:03:20

That's just what I was going to saygrin

MrsFruitcake Wed 05-Oct-11 17:17:50

Sorry, didn't know there was one. Will try there. However, the GP seems to think he has enlarged tonsils and it is this which is causing the problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now