Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Molluscum contagiosum and possible impetigo

(6 Posts)
Curlybrunette Mon 03-Oct-11 13:26:58

Hi all,

Ds has recently got MC and after reading here I've ordered some lemon myrtle oil which came today.

So the plan is to mix a couple of drops of the lemon myrtle into 30mls olive oil, do I just massage it in like normal oil? Do I rub it everywhere would that prevent new ones coming, or just on the existing spots?

Also he possibly has impetigo, he has eczema and for a few weeks has had what I thought was just a nasty patch in the corner of his mouth (well just below, on the skin not lip). The patch started looking weepy so I took him to the doctors thinking it was infected and she thought it might be impetigo, but thought he'd have more than 1 patch if it was. This patch is a circle almost 2cm across so it looks nasty enough.

The patch is a bit weepy, if the lemon myrtle is an antiviral, would it help to put a bit (diluted of course) on his face, or would it not help if it was impetigo (or if it's weepy could it hurt him?)

Sorry for all the questions!

x

fidelma Mon 03-Oct-11 20:26:47

The hospital told us that the old remedy for mc was to burst the blisters which dd did herself.It all went !!!! You didn't hear that from me though!

Curlybrunette Mon 03-Oct-11 22:26:25

I read that somewhere fidelma, I might try it now while he's a sleep (sterile needle at the ready!)

Thanks
x

RumourOfAHurricane Mon 03-Oct-11 22:44:40

Message withdrawn

st24 Thu 06-Oct-11 10:52:45

I've recently used Poxiderm - recommended by my dermatologist for my youngest, really pleased with the results - we are now molluscum free smile

Curlybrunette Thu 06-Oct-11 19:43:13

Great st24, I'll look out for that if ds's gets worse.
It doesn't actually look that bad but it is spreading, i'll see how it goes

x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now