Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Cold and clammy with croup

(4 Posts)
LonelyLinda Sun 02-Oct-11 22:14:29

my little boy has developed a cough which I think is croup so I've got him in bed with me but he also feels cold and clammy - does anybody have any experience of this?

He keeps throwing cover off but temp is only 36.2

lostlady Sun 02-Oct-11 22:17:54

Temperature wouldn't make him feel cold-rather hot. Get him in some steam to ease the cough and see how he is. If in any doubt ring NHS. How old is he?

LonelyLinda Mon 03-Oct-11 10:56:05

Thank you, I did the steamy shower and have had him at the docs this morning. Apparently it is a virus that is going round which has caused him to have croup, he also has swollen glands and a sore throat. He is two. Dr said to just ride it out for a few days with calpol/ibruprofen, steamy showers and propping his head up with pillows at night.

lostlady Mon 03-Oct-11 15:21:49

o, poor wee thing sad If any help, we tried a humidifier (cold steam, about £30 from Argos) for dc as was coughing all the time, and did seem to work - we all got some sleep smile. Same principle as shower/ Hope he gets well soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now