Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

my 10 yr old has a low temp

(5 Posts)
melmel15 Sun 02-Oct-11 08:16:25

my 10 yr old son has been suffering from severe headaches the other day his temp went up to 39.6 then settled down now this morning his temp is 33.6, he is on adhd meds but he started his new ones in july and seems unlikely its them i think,his headaches are quite severe and he keeps getting dizzy.

dikkertjedap Sun 02-Oct-11 09:20:11

I would see a doctor given the headaches and dizziness. Sometimes children can get low temperatures after they have had high temperatures following a virus infection. However, this cannot be as low as 33.6 degrees, that would be life threatening. So could it be that there is a problem with your thermometer?

LonelyLinda Mon 03-Oct-11 11:19:12

Yes anything less than 35.5 could be dangerous apparently (according to nhs direct)

How is your son now?

AllTheGoodNamesTaken Mon 03-Oct-11 11:28:09

are you using an ear thermometer? I don't know why, but these always underestimate the temp of my children by 2-3 degrees. I have switched to underarm.

melmel15 Thu 06-Oct-11 17:09:24

i am using a digital mouth thermometer hes not to bad bt his temp is still up and down like a yoyo he has had some blood tests done bt everyone has sadi he needs to be under a neurologist bt my gp just is not listening and its very worrying.x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now