Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DS and his constant eating. Is it normal Growth Spurt????

(6 Posts)
MadameCastafiore Thu 29-Sep-11 17:44:18

Because it is rideculous - he eats more than me and DD put together - I am 36 and DD 11.

On tuesday he came in from school - had already had 3 weetabix for breakfast and a banana and a pack lunch with sandwich, yogurt, grapes and sliced pepper - he then went to beavers straight to a friends house and had a bowl of pasta, two servings of jam sponge and custard and then came home when I was cooking DD dinner and finished off another 2 servings of pasta.

Have stopped him eating rubbish - crisps and biscuits etc to make sure he isn't just filling up on junk for the sake of eating but he still wants more.

He isn't fat - very solid - I can't pick him up - he exercises loads - swimming, beavers, tennis, football and rugby on a normal week - I just can;t believe a small child can eat so much and not POP.

Beamur Thu 29-Sep-11 17:50:41

He's about to surge! DSS was a bottomless pit as he hit puberty, he ate more than his Dad.

MadameCastafiore Thu 29-Sep-11 17:52:50

Bloody hell - I better tell DH that I will be spending even more money on food shopping this week.

auntevil Thu 29-Sep-11 18:00:37

Have you got yourself a card to a cash and carry? Although i hear the deals at most of the supermarkets tend to work out as cheap! I say this as a mum of 3DS - 2 who are bottomless pits!

MadameCastafiore Thu 29-Sep-11 18:06:55

But will this stop once he shoots up a little or will it be like this forever - I can't imagine that anyone will need that many calories ofr the rest of their days or even their growing years.

Beamur Thu 29-Sep-11 22:12:40

I our case it has slowed, DSS is 18 now and eats fairly normally. He can still eat the best part of a packet of biscuits in one sitting though and is skinny as a rake.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now