Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Horrible virus seems to be going about - anyone know how long it lasts?

(5 Posts)
notadoc Wed 28-Sep-11 21:22:22

Hallo there

Poor little DS (16mo) has been laid out with what looks like a flu for the last three days. Other people's children seem to have it too -and I've also read and account of something very similar on here.

So, he's hot, uncomfortable and crying a lot, off his food though drinking plenty of water, and sleeping masses. He saw the doctor, who didn't seem worried, and implied that he'd seen a lot of this sort of thing lately.

Anyone else's DC had this? Any idea how long it's likely to go on for? It's horrible seeing the poor little thing so ill, even if it does make him very cuddly.

AKMD Thu 29-Sep-11 10:28:48

That sounds awful. What did the doctor say about him not eating much? Will he drink milk as well as water?

notadoc Thu 29-Sep-11 13:50:32

The doc saw him right at the start of it - I was concerned it was a developing ear infection. So that issue hadn't arisen yet. He will drink a bit of milk, but not much.

Today he doesn't seem hot any more (after a terribly feverish night), but he's just sleeping and sleeping. Ate a bit of breakfast porridge, then crashed out on the sofa. Hopefully he's just recovering now, but it's quite unsettling.

I've had it and I'm on my 4th day and starting to feel better.

Fingers crossed your ds is on the mend asap

notadoc Fri 30-Sep-11 19:29:33

Cheers - he does seem much improved today though v v grumpy! Hope you're better soon too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now