Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

fishy smell from dds nappy

(4 Posts)
ToothlesstheDragon Wed 28-Sep-11 14:08:44

DD is 7 months old, today i noticed a slightly fishy smell when i was about to change her nappy. its definatly coming from her, not the nappy itself as shes continued to have this odour all day. I use disposable nappies and she has formula instead of breast. We regularly bathe her (every second night).

Is this normal or should I take DD to the drs. I have noticed a tiny bit of white discharge but VERY very little.

Lottie4 Wed 28-Sep-11 16:14:36

I would certainly give the doctor a call. My daughter had a funny smell coming from under her armpits when she was about 9 months and on inspection she had some sort of bacterial infection. The surgery may be open until about 7pm tonight so give them a call ASAP. If it's too late to do this, it might be worth speaking to NHS Direct who have given me brilliant advice in the past.

Faffalina Wed 28-Sep-11 16:16:13

Agree with advice above, but also: have you changed nappy brands recently? I noticed Pampers Baby Dry made a very odd smell.

ToothlesstheDragon Wed 28-Sep-11 16:54:16

she was in huggies i think, but my usual brand is tescos own (find them much better than huggies/pampers) My doctors is closed at 5 most nights, but i'll give her a bath tonight and if smell is still there will phone first thing tomorrow. It doesn't seem to be irritating her and she's peeing/pooing as normal without any problems. But will def phone tomorrow if it hasn't stopped.

thanks all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now