Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Bah Viruses!!

(5 Posts)
lisad123 Wed 28-Sep-11 11:52:24

DD2 stood at top of the stairs shaking with fever last night. Have spent all night next to a fan, holding a bowl as shes sick and not slept much at all.m Shes still not good this morning despite being topped up with nerofen and calpol and being naked with no blankets and only taking sips of juice. She has now developed a rash (dont panic, pretty sure its a virus rash).

I hate winter for this reason!! I can never get their fever under control, it gets so furstarding!

festivalwidow Wed 28-Sep-11 12:43:06

Much much sympathy here. DD (17 months) developed a fever three days ago; very listless, off her food and consequently off nursery. She seemed to be OK yesterday morning, then the fever spiked again and she vomited copiously.. God knows how long this will take to resolve itself, I've not worked a full week in over a month with conjunctivitis (DD), flu (me), and now different virus (DD). And now, probably, DD's virus (me, next week)

I guess there must be something going round sad

lisad123 Wed 28-Sep-11 13:35:29

poor thing is sleeping on the sofa (she never sleeps in the day) but still a little shakey but i cant give her anymore meds till 3pm!!

lisad123 Wed 28-Sep-11 21:35:12

Called NHS direct and they sent an ambulance! Temp was 40.1 and very sleepy and rash was worst.
She has a strep infection, quite nasty one. So 10days of strong drugs and promise to return ifshe doesn't improve.

lisad123 Sat 01-Oct-11 10:29:21

Just to continue saga, dd2 has broken pit in hives! Poor thing is itchy as he'll. Off to GP in a bit as this Is her first reaction and we now need different anti biotics sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now