Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

itchy bum??

(6 Posts)
KylieG Tue 27-Sep-11 17:25:57

My 3yo ds has a itchy bum, im fairly sure he hasnt got worms, what else could it be??
Its all the way through the day, nothing seems to help!!
Any ideas??

coccyx Tue 27-Sep-11 17:28:44

have you done the overnight sellotape test?

KylieG Tue 27-Sep-11 17:30:14

whats that??? (at the risk of sounding stupid)

timetosmile Tue 27-Sep-11 22:50:29

yeurch (to sellotape test to see if any worms/eggs attatch themselves to it when you squish it onto junior's anus)
I suspect your helpful local pharmacist would suggest a dose of worm medicine for each of you in the house, just on spec....safe drug, pretty instant results....but get some proper advice too!

turnipvontrapp Tue 27-Sep-11 22:59:30

My ds2 has had worms so many times am now an expert at spotting them grin. (always picked up from school btw, his hygiene is very good in terms of hand washing but you can't stop others passing it to them).
Have you checked really carefully as sometimes you can't spot them the first check but itchy bum in this house always turns out to be worms. Best checking at night too.

KylieG Wed 28-Sep-11 12:49:15

Right...have been 2 the pharmacy today.... they said that because i havnt actually seen any worms (gross!!) they think its best not to give him the medicine.
Doctors appointment next on list!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now