Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

5 year old with tooth pain

(3 Posts)
MothInMyKecks Mon 26-Sep-11 19:49:03

My 5 year old has been complaining of toothpain for the last few hours since school. She couldn't eat her raw carrots and tomatoes in her lunch box either - saying that it was too painful. I can't see anything, gums look a good colour and there's no wobble in the teeth (lower front tooth).

I was wondering whether it's starting to shift a bit. Should it hurt though?
I've given calpol, but I don't know what else to ease it with sad

AKissIsNotAContract Mon 26-Sep-11 22:31:05

If it's a front tooth, it could be starting to exfoliate, the lower central teeth are usually the first to go and 5 years old is within the normal range for this to happen. Probably best to book a check up with her dentist if you are concerned.

25goingon95 Tue 27-Sep-11 12:07:58

My DD is also 5, and has been comlaining that a couple of her teeth are hurting for a few weeks now. We have seen the dentist and although i forgot to ask him about this he said her teeth look great so i know there are no problems there..i was thinking that maybe they are getting ready to come out as a few of her class mates have lost their first tooth now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now