Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

9 month old has had diarrhoea for last 7 days

(7 Posts)
AliLG Sun 25-Sep-11 15:02:06

My 9 month old has had diarrhoea fairly consistently for the last week. We took her to the doctors on Thursday but they checked her and said most likely just a tummy bug.
She is absolutely fine in all other respects, no sickness, still eating her meals and having her milk, not grumpy or not wanting to play, and sleeping solidly at night. I'm still worried though as her poor little bum is so sore, and in particular because I'm not sure it should go on for an entire week.
Does anyone have any advice? Am I worrying uneccessarily or should I take her back to docs?
Thank you.

Nevercan Sun 25-Sep-11 16:59:19

Could be teething which causes runny poo. Have you tried bepanthen nappy cream for that bot which is a bit more expensive than some but is fab

AliLG Sun 25-Sep-11 20:18:26

Thank you hadn't thought of this. She doesn't have any teeth yet so could be the start of it!

Egg Sun 25-Sep-11 20:51:37

Ugh this has reminded me that DS1 had it for a whole month when he was just under a year old. Was otherwise fine but bed was foul every morning where it leaked through nappy, sleepsuit and grobag. Ended up giving sample to doc but nothing found wrong. It eventually cleared up on its own.

Nevercan Sun 25-Sep-11 21:01:45

Isn't it wierd that teething and poo can be related

Nevercan Sun 25-Sep-11 21:04:29

We used to call it swamp poo as it was hewn and watery ugh grin

Nevercan Sun 25-Sep-11 21:05:11

Sorry should say green and watery (stupid spellchecker)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now