Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Nearly 2 yrs old gagging with sore throat?

(6 Posts)
whatdoItellher Sat 24-Sep-11 14:06:10

Both dds have horrible colds at the moment - dd1 has a barking cough and sore throat. Little one has a very runny nose, quite warm but no temperature and is completely off her food. Every now and then she coughs and it sounds very painful... then she has the odd real hurl... sounding like she is being sick but nothing coming up. I remember dd1 coughing till she was sick but she was much younger I'm sure. Does this sound right? Should I get it checked out or am I being a paranoid emetophobic parent?!!

Feel free to slap some sense into me... could do with avoiding monster vomits at the mo though as am on my own/ in midst of separation, working full time with no family around to speak of!!

dribbleface Sat 24-Sep-11 14:33:55

oh bless her, i would get it checked. In the meantime have you any ice pops/lollies that might help ease it?

whatdoItellher Sat 24-Sep-11 18:49:41

Thanks dribbleface. She was actually sick in the car on the way home from the shops which was grim. Not massive puke though - think it was throat/ cold related rather than a gastro...

She has come home and eaten 3 water biscuits, 2 slice of ham, a few raisins and a waffle. Crossing all it stays down tonight. Doesn't seem to bad in herself... running round the kitchen emptying cupboards.

I have given her some paracetamol - probably just a cold. I will see how she is overnight and tomorrow and consider trip to docs if temp or vomiting or coughing go mad!

<<slaps self about face in effort to get a grip>>

dribbleface Sat 24-Sep-11 19:45:55

oh it's horrible when they are ill. my ds is usually sick when he Get's a throat infection. hope you have a peaceful night.

whatdoItellher Sun 25-Sep-11 13:22:41

Thanks - unfortunately we had regular vomits over night... some very phlegmy, some just water. Has eaten this morning and kept it down so far. Makes a face when swallowing sometimes though so could well be throat bothering her. DD1 has a hideous cough in the mornings - sounds like a seal.

dribbleface Mon 26-Sep-11 21:54:29

How's she doing now? Hoping she's a bit better?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now