Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Best medicine for a sore throat?

(4 Posts)
Twirl Fri 23-Sep-11 13:00:39

Hi
Can you tell me what medicine you find works best on your children when they have a sore, swollen throat (no cough yet!). I generally use Calpol but wondered if there is something more specific that might be better. They are 5 & 7. A quick glance at the medicine aisle showed lots for coughs but I couldn't see anything aimed at sore throats. Thanks.

traceyinrosso Fri 23-Sep-11 18:38:53

Lots of TLC , calpol and ribena made with warm water (slips down really easily). The Soother throat sweets very good too as got a soft centre but you will need to check if any age restrictions on packet. My daughter had repeated bouts of tonsilitis for years so we have tried lots of things but these were the fail safes. Hope they get well soon

Twirl Sat 24-Sep-11 10:10:14

Thank you! Ribena is an idea I haven't tried yet, off to get some now.

backpassage Sat 24-Sep-11 14:03:25

My ds and I both like warm ginger squash with honey. It tingles a bit then soothes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now