Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Anoplasty results?

(5 Posts)
jellihejj Thu 22-Sep-11 19:29:14

I wasn't sure if this was the right place to ask, if so just let me know.
My six month old was born with an imperforate anus (high end), although we've been told everything will be sorted and working as normal, I can't help but worry that after his anoplasty things won't be fine. I flash forward 18 years and see him lacking control with his bowel.

Obviously any parent worries about their child's future, but I go into panic mode.

So what would help is simply knowing that other people have either got through it themselves or your child has got through it all just fine. Am I being too naive and somewhat hopeful that he'll manage to gain control of his sphincter and (by the time he's in his teens/adult years) he'll have a normal life?

saggarmakersbottomknocker Thu 22-Sep-11 19:30:45

jell - there's a thread on here somewhere where there are others going/gone through this. Hang on, I'll find it.

saggarmakersbottomknocker Thu 22-Sep-11 19:33:43

Here you go Hope it's helpful, and everything goes well for your son.

jellihejj Thu 22-Sep-11 23:02:37

Thank you :-) that's super of you to do that, I'll have a look through. It's a strange relief knowing that there are other parents going through it too.

saggarmakersbottomknocker Fri 23-Sep-11 08:54:24

You're most welcome smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now