Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Flu jabs for kids

(7 Posts)
Jinx1906 Thu 22-Sep-11 12:01:39

I would like my DD to get vaccinated this year. No chance to have this done at our GP surgery, even though I'm more than happy to pay them for it. Does anyone know of a private clinic in the Bexley area where I might be able to get this done.

Many thanks

Lizcat Thu 22-Sep-11 13:37:20

Several chemists have the vaccine and you can pay to have it done there. My mum had hers done at Boots last year.

beautifulgirls Thu 22-Sep-11 14:39:18

Boots in Bexleyheath definately offering it but I am not sure on what age they will do. I was reading their advert on the wall and there is an online booking service for appointments so probably will be all the info you need on there. £12.99 I if I recall.

Jinx1906 Thu 22-Sep-11 14:45:52

I remember from last year that chemists are not licenced or trained to administer flu jabs to children. Not sure why that is the case.

walsingham Thu 22-Sep-11 16:41:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Jinx1906 Thu 22-Sep-11 21:27:59

Thanks, I will give them a call and see if I can get an appointment for HT. It is such a shame we can not have it done by the GP surgery. Would be happy to pay for it.

backpassage Sat 24-Sep-11 14:06:03

Medicare in victoria station does children's jabs but not all medicare's do. Something about licensing I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now