Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

bloodshot eye in a seven month-old baby. Any idea what could be causing it?

(3 Posts)
jeckadeck Thu 22-Sep-11 09:20:18

That's it really. She's just getting over a cold/flu virus: seems much better in herself but is still snotty and coughing and didn't sleep well last night. I'm wondering if the bloodshot eye could be related to this or if its likely to be indicative of something else? Would really like some advice.

DeWe Thu 22-Sep-11 10:24:07

Could be due to too much coughing.
Could be conjunctivitis. Does she seem bothered by it?

I might get it checked out. I don't like anything to do with eyes.

dobbybono Sat 24-Sep-11 08:50:49

i would not worry at all,eyes are very delicate in babies and are can easily bring out a red eye due to coughing or rubbing, What will happen is that as the blood (fine blood vessels under very delicate layer) starts to clear up it will start to look a bit like a bruise.
It is unlikely to be conjunctivitis as it is not bi lateral and there are no other symptoms. If there is any stickiness i would clean with warm sterile water on a clean pressed cotton pad.Fresh one for each eye.Once the cold has gone,i'm sure the eye will have cleared up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now