Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

hearing loss - antibiotics

(2 Posts)
NellyTheElephant Wed 21-Sep-11 14:27:25

My daughter was very ill last year and in hospital on IV antibiotics. To cut a long story short it seems that she has suffered hearing loss and tinitus due to the antibiotics she was given. She has a further appointment shortly to work out what to do and whether she will need any sort of amplification. I just wondered if anyone had any experience of this. Googling it the prognosis doesn't look good - i.e. as far as I can tell it appears that the damage will be permanent. Obviously I will be going through all this at the appointment I just wondered if anyone knew anything about it in the mean time?????

dikkertjedap Wed 21-Sep-11 19:35:41

What a/b was she on? I know that some a/b can in some cases cause permanent hearing loss. However, could it be that the hearing loss is due to something else?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now