Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Bleeding gums

(5 Posts)
Whathashappenedtomyboobs Wed 21-Sep-11 07:44:13

Hi, my 7 month old DS had bleeding gums this morning, he has 7 teeth now and this is the first time I have seen blood. should I be worried? or is it quite common for gums to bleed?

Sanesometimes1 Wed 21-Sep-11 19:06:00

bleeding gums are usually because teeth are not being cleaned propery - guessing he is just swishing over his teeth and not doing his gums as well, I would suggest getting a very soft baby toothbrush and getting him to gently brush his gums, it will probably hurt so you will need to be quite firm i'm afraid.

Not sure what age corsadil mouthwash is recommended for ? have a check in the chemist and see what they say, or trip to the dentist would probably be beneficial as well.

good luck x

Whathashappenedtomyboobs Thu 22-Sep-11 19:01:54

Hi, he's only 7 months old not years! I'm sure it's nothing to do with decay as I'm brushing his teeth morning and evening, obviously he's too little to do them alone or use mouth wash.

Sanesometimes1 Sat 24-Sep-11 21:36:13

ooops sorry OP did not read properly ! thought it wa 7 years !!blush

Whathashappenedtomyboobs Sun 25-Sep-11 09:55:53

grin no worries on the up side it hasn't happened since!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now