Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Repetitive sideways glancing in 19 month old

(4 Posts)
chanabs Tue 20-Sep-11 16:24:30

About a month ago my 19 month old son started to look at things from the corners of his eyes. He does it while still and also while walking. I took him to the gp who said it is probably nothing but take him to an optician for a visual aquity test. I did this and the optician confirmed his eye sight is fine.

He is still doing this sideways glancing and it can be repetitive where he just can't seem to stop- he will look at an object over and over again. To try and describe it better he is basically looking at an object and then turns his head away from the object but continues to look at it from the corner of his eyes.

I am going to take him back to the gp as it just does not seem normal to me. I have not seen another toddler do it and other mothers have commented on it as they have never seen this sort of behaviour. I was wondering if there are any other mums out there who have seen this sort of thing before and could shed more light on it?

Riveninabingle Tue 20-Sep-11 16:26:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

diyvspse Thu 22-Sep-11 20:33:13

Ask to be referred to a paediatric ophthalmologist. They are best qualified to see if anything is wrong, not an optician. If your GP wont refer you you can always pay to go privately or perhaps just go to your nearest eye hosp, they should have a paediatric unit. You are right to want to get to the bottom of it.

chanabs Thu 22-Sep-11 21:39:28

thanks for the advice, I think a paediatric optamologist is an excellent idea and will talk to the gp about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now