Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DC seems unable to manage 4 mornings at nursery due to illness. Is this normal?

(4 Posts)
chumble Tue 20-Sep-11 14:24:10

Just posting to see how other parents find this. DC2 is 3 1/2 and has been a nursery for one year. This year the number of mornings has doubled but so far we have only managed to attend for 4 days for one week (we are only on week three!).

I have another child and amnesia has set in. But I am wondering whether this is usual.

DC is only there for 3 hours is it too much to ask that he has 4 mornings each week.!!!!!

TIA

Nevercan Tue 20-Sep-11 19:16:35

My dd1 is 2 and goes 2 full days a week and my friends dd1 is full time at nursery and they have both missed approx 4 days this year each due to illness. It does sound like your DC2 might be Ill a bit more than most. Is it the usual nursery type lurgy I.e colds, coughs?

xBeingTheBestMummyICanx Tue 20-Sep-11 19:30:20

My DD is 4 years old and is now onto her second year of nursery. In her first year she probably had about 2 weeks off in total due to illness one week was due to Scarlett Fever and the other was tonsillitis. This year, we have been lucky so far that she has not been off at all.

However, I have a friend who’s DS is the same age as my DD and he is off nursery every couple of weeks due to illness.

All children are different and some are more susceptible to picking up bugs.

chumble Tue 20-Sep-11 20:00:24

Thanks for replies.

It is the usual coughs and colds TBH nothing major but when DC has a rough night it seems unkind to send him in when he is shattered. Although I wonder whether I should more often as when he stays home he zooms around the place!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now