Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Limping 3 year old

(4 Posts)
IwishIwasmoreorganised Mon 19-Sep-11 10:26:43

DS2 woke up in the night complaining that his foot was hurting. I snuggled him back in and he slept until this morning as usual.

Once he was up he kept saying that it was hurting, and was limping at times but was getting around the house and up/down stairs fine. I can't see any bruising or redness and nothing hurts when I prod it. I called the Drs (automated booking line) and there's no appointments availble until tomorrow afternoon.

Anyway he's gone to nursery this morning but was really moaning on the walk from the car into school (about 100 yards). I've told his teacher how he's been and to call me if he can't manage at school - nothing so far!

We can't recall any slips/bumps over the weekend that could account for this pain, so does anybody have any ideas what could be causing this?

DeWe Mon 19-Sep-11 11:59:40

Ds stepped off a step in the garden awkwardly when he was about 2yo. He couldn't weightbear for over a week, and was limping for longer. It had very little swelling, no bruising or redness, didn't hurt when prodded. Even the drs couldn't see what was definitely wrong. They guessed ligaments, but as they were begining to worry and look at more tests, it got better.

If there's no appointment until tomorrow, I'd take him to A & E. You'll either be sent there for an x-ray anyway, or he'll be better tomorrow. See when he comes out of nursery.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Mon 19-Sep-11 19:52:38

Thanks.

He was still not happy after nursery so I managed to get him seen this afternoon. Sure enough he ran happily into the Drs room and made me look like a fool!

He's not right, but I don't think it's anything serious.

TelephoneTree Mon 19-Sep-11 22:07:33

If it gets worse or he develops a fever, take him to a & e to rule out septic arthritis.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now