Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Had a letter from the School Nurse..

(3 Posts)
SouthernShepherdess Fri 16-Sep-11 16:50:08

Appears to be a standard letter..that they want to invite me and my child for a Health Interview to discuss dc health in more detail, and to bring her red book along. It has a reply slip underneath.

I am worrying myself about this now. Is this a standard thing now? They weighed her back in May, and called me to say her weight was down and that they'd be weighing her again in about 6 months to see that it has picked up. My dd is a very lively child..no real health concerns, she's just slight.

Will someone please elighten me! Thanks

nomiddlename Fri 16-Sep-11 21:48:28

How old is your dd? Is she a baby or toddler or child?

I think that after past events where children have been starved, they want to make sure others don't slip through the net.

I'm sure this is simply a routine chat about what she eats/drinks etc and if you're happy with her weight/how active she is and how she sleeps etc.

I would make sure you have someone else there with you so you don't feel they're intimidating you.

dikkertjedap Sat 17-Sep-11 20:54:17

Would you feel better seeing your GP instead? Otherwise, see your GP and ask if he thinks she is growing/developing okay and then write on the letter that you decline the invitation as you have your GP looking after your child and he has no concerns. You don't have to see the school nurse, if you don't want.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now