Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

How long did your tummy bugs last???

(5 Posts)
sassie23 Thu 15-Sep-11 18:48:25

Hello posted here a few days ago I have two boys one 10 months one 3.5 both have been vomiting on and off since early Monday morn. Starting and stopping for a day at a time been to gps doc on call and finally had Lo at A&E tues night for IV fluids he was discharged seems fine but DS1 was sick again this afternoon after a day and a half of being fine. DS 2 blood tests were all clear and I've had a dose of it too but it's just really scaring me lasting so long how long have anybodies elseLO had gastro-enteritis ?? If that's what this is ??

Whathashappenedtomyboobs Thu 15-Sep-11 19:16:32

5 to 7 days with adults, not sure with children but I'm assuming the same. NHS direct are very good, I called them when I norovirus and breastfeeding my little one, wasn't a nice experience for either of us!

Whathashappenedtomyboobs Thu 15-Sep-11 19:16:59

Hope your all well soon x

sassie23 Thu 15-Sep-11 19:20:32

So maybe i just have to ride it out dont think my tummy bugs as a kid lasted this long ??

BerylStreep Thu 15-Sep-11 19:59:17

Sassie,
I have just posted another thread. My DD is now on day 9, and still sick. Yet well enough to go to school yesterday - we thought she was completely better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now