Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Poorly baby?

(3 Posts)
munkeychops Thu 15-Sep-11 18:04:43

Hi,

I am a first time mum and my 11 week old baby has had what I would call "slimey" poos for the past three weeks - not diarhea but somewhere between this and what they were previously like. I metioned this to the HV a couple of weeks ago, and they said not to worry if she was putting on weight okay, which she was. Anyway, a couple of weeks later and still the same so they have taken a stool sample today.

Then, just now, I have noticed what looks like am ulcer on her mouth.

Not quite sure what I asking really, does this sound like she is under the weather but nothing massive to worry about? Obviously the stool sample is being done now. I have just gave her some calpol, would it be worst ringing HV and saying think she has an ulcer or shall I just wait a week as she is due to come for her 12 week thing then anyway??

Sorry, daft question probably but I am clueless and worried! x

munkeychops Thu 15-Sep-11 18:06:15

... sorry for my spelling! - I meant "would it be worth ringing the HV"

sassie23 Thu 15-Sep-11 18:51:49

Hello munkey chops if she is gaining and still feeding normally I would just wait for the sample? Are you BF or FF if you've changed FF recently this can be why or if she has a slight intolerance to it main thing us she's gaining weight and seems a happy baby

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now