Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

when did your ds need to start wearing deoderant

(11 Posts)
cantfindamnnickname Wed 14-Sep-11 17:56:39

Thats it really - what age?

DS told me yesterday he was really sweating and today i picked him up from school and he stunk shock

He's only 10 - seems bit young

bibbitybobbityhat Wed 14-Sep-11 18:00:16

My dd has been using deodorant for about a year now. She is 10 and a half.

bibbitybobbityhat Wed 14-Sep-11 18:00:45

If he's stinky, get him some! Bet he'll love it.

cantfindamnnickname Wed 14-Sep-11 18:41:41

We will make a trip on Sat to get some - just thought he was bit young

shineypenny Wed 14-Sep-11 18:44:36

About 10 and a half - before he started senior school anyway.

sevenoften Wed 14-Sep-11 20:27:49

11. But probably should have started 6 months earlier - he just hated the idea, so I kept putting it off.

chimchar Wed 14-Sep-11 20:33:16

My ds was just ten. He stunk!!!

I bought him some men's simple roll on. It worked, but now he uses a lynx stinky spray someone bought him....to say it's overpowering would be an understatement!

piratecat Wed 14-Sep-11 20:35:28

my dd started hers at 81/2. if they stink, but are washing regularly then they need a bit of help.

saying that, she's a yr on now and doesn't pong like she did, i think it was a hormone surge!

anonandlikeit Thu 15-Sep-11 20:26:20

yep 11 here too, i have a stinky ds, I took 4 11 yr olds to school yesterday, they all smelled nice & clean on the way there but the car stank on the way home especially as they ahd all had PE last lesson.

PrincessTamTam Thu 15-Sep-11 20:32:37

As soon as he starts to smell bad. Simples. Mine all started at different ages as they all developed differently. I have a 15 yr old who started at 10 and a 12 year old who doesn't need it. I remember my oldest (now 18) asking for Lynx Africa at 11 cos all his friends had it - I got it for him even though he didn't need it. They are all different, bless their cotton socks.

PS I did read about a boy who asphyxiated himself in a v small room with Lynx - didn't know when to stop apparently and passed out! So be careful. (Although this could be an urban myth)

Elibean Thu 15-Sep-11 21:05:54

dd had some sort of hormone surge aged 5 - honestly. Stinky little pits, poor love, so I got her some 'natural' deodorant (Tom's) which works beautifully. From 6-7 she stopped needing it, but now at nearly 8 she needs it occasionally if hot and sweaty indoors.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: